Our equality objectives are:
· To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities . We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
· To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum and in particular through our ‘No Outsiders’ initiative.
· To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling.
· To continue to narrow the gap between boys’ and girls’ attainment in writing.
· To continue to narrow the gap in attainment between of our Pupil Premium learners and none Pupil Premium leaners.
· To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school.
· To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
· To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
· You can view our Equality Policy here: The Bilton C of E Junior Equality Policy.
Bilton C of E Junior school is proud to adhere to the Equality Act 2010. We believe that everyone has the right to be treated fairly and with respect, and that all children have the right to access their education without risk of prejudice. For that reason we are a No Outsiders school.
During anti-bullying week, we launched our No Outsiders Bronze, Silver and Gold Challenges to classes. For Bronze children need to be able to tell anyone who asks what No Outsiders is; Silver they need to show they understand No Outsiders through their actions, particularly at lunchtimes; and for Gold classes have been challenged to come up with their own ideas about how they can continue to promote No Outsiders in our school and also across the community. Please ask your child about No Outsiders - can they tell you what it's all about?